Thursday, November 12, 2009

Missing Grandma...

I'm sorry it's been awhile. . . as some of you probably already know, my Grandma on my Dad's side passed away rather unexpectedly on the 29th of October. It has been a difficult couple of weeks and I find myself thinking about her and all that she meant to me often throughout the day. Mike and I have always known how lucky we are to have had most of our grandparents throughout our childhoods and into our adult lives. I think it's what makes it harder to lose them at an older age. I am so used to having Grandma around that it's difficult to remember that she's gone. . . Her health had been declining for awhile, but still, I selfishly wanted her to stick around. I wanted to be able to pick up the phone and call her, hear her laugh at family gatherings, wait for her to bust out with her favorite "Hot Damn" and just be able to send her a card to let her know that I am thinking of her. Instead, I find myself remembering so many things that she did for me as a child and I am oh so grateful that she is in a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment